HIPAA Certification online offers HIPAA Academy's CHA, CHP and CSCS certification examinations online.
The Certified HIPAA Administrator (CHA) exam validates knowledge and skills in the core area of HIPAA Administrative Simplification with emphasis in the Privacy Rule requirements. Once a candidate has commenced the CHA certification examination online, he or she must complete the forty (40) question examination in one sitting within the sixty (60) minute time frame. The passing score is seventy-five percent (75%) or better. The curriculum to prepare for CHA Exam includes 101, 102, 103, 104, and 105.
The Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP) exam validates knowledge and skills in the core areas of HIPAA Administrative Simplification legislation, Transactions and Code Sets Requirements, Privacy Requirements and Security Requirements. Once a candidate has commenced the CHP certification examination online, he or she must complete the sixty (60) question examination in one sitting within the sixty (60) minute time frame. The passing score is seventy-five percent (75%) or better. The curriculum to prepare for CHP Exam includes 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, and 110.
Certified Security Compliance Specialist (CSCS) exam validates knowledge and skill sets in information security for HIPAA, Financial Regulations, Digital Healthcare and Security, International Security Standards, U.S. National and State Standards, and Business Continuity Planning. The curriculum to prepare for the CSCS Exam includes 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, and 210.
Upon completion of the examination online, the candidate will receive immediate notice of his/her score. If he or she passes the examination, successful completion of the examination will be communicated to HIPAA Academy. If the candidate does not pass the certification examination, he or she may register to re-take the certification examination online at a price of $395, a discount of $100 from the regular examination rate.
REPRESENTATIONS PRECEDENT TO TAKING A CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION ONLINE
Before you can take a certification examination online, you represent the following:
CONDITIONS TO COMMENCEMENT OF A CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION
- That you are the person who has registered to take the certification examination,
- That you will complete the examination within the designated timeframe,
- That you will complete the certification examination alone and with the benefit of no other resources or assistance, including written materials, discussion with any other individual, or reference to any other form of third party resource or assistance, and
- That you understand that if any of these representations is not adhered to, your certificate is subject to revocation by the HIPAA Academy.
In taking a certification examination online, the following apply:
- Once you have commenced the certification examination online, you must complete the examination in one sitting within the designated time frame.
- The examination clock will begin once you click on the REPRESENTATION/EXAM COMMENCEMENT button on the examination gateway page and will continue until the examination is completed as described below.
- The examination will be completed automatically at the earlier of the completion and submission of the final examination question or the lapse of the designated time frame, whichever is earlier.
- You must complete and submit each question in sequence. At any point during the examination, you may review and change your previous answers by clicking on the "Review" button at the bottom of each question page.
- To pass the certification examination you must achieve a score of seventy-five percent (75%) or better. This score is calculated as a percentage of all examination questions, not as a percentage of the questions that you answered.
- Upon completion of the examination online, you will receive immediate notice of your score. If you pass the examination, your successful completion of the examination will be communicated to HIPAA Academy. If you do not pass the certification examination, you may register to take the certification examination online at a discount of $100 from the regular price of the examination.